Vapor Phase Corrosion Inhibitors (VpCI)
Corrosion is always an issue to consider whenever you are storing or transporting metal products or parts. Many common methods to prevent corrosion such as oils, paints or sprays tend to be costly, messy, hazardous, or just not practical for your needs. Too often they are ineffective.
Cortec’s VpCI® products protect metals at the molecular level with a chemically adsorbed layer that provides multimetal corrosion protection. Because the molecules are emitted as vapor, all surfaces, crevices, cavities, and other inaccessible void areas are completely coated and protected. The VpCI® barrier is self-replenishing, even for packaging that’s repeatedly opened, and typically protects for up to 24 months.
The industry proven result is exceptional product protection without the labor-intensive application and clean-up required with conventional oil coatings or other inhibiting products – even for previously corroded, painted, or coated surfaces. Cortec® VpCIs are environmentally safe, not based on nitrites, and the safety net your products and systems deserve.
Saves costly time and labor
- no surface preparation required for application
- no cleaning/degreasing required for product use
Reduces raw material requirements
- need for oil is eliminated
- desiccants are eliminated
Eliminates disposal costs
- products are fully recyclable
- no hazardous waste disposal costs
Industry Proven Track Record
- Many years of application and testing ensure reliable results.
- Same product provides protection for ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Recessed and non-contact areas are protected.
Safe for Personnel and Environment
- Non-toxic and recyclable, VpCIs alleviate health and environmental concerns.
We offer the following Cortec VpCI products:
- VpCI Papers
- VpCI Films
- VpCI Emitters
- VpCI Cushions
If you aren’t sure which Cortec VpCI products are right for your needs, please contact us and we will help you find the right fit for your project. Complete the form on the right or call us at (864) 231-8908.