ANDERSON, South Carolina-August 219, 2016-PackIQ has begun a restructuring process beginning with significant changes to its manufacturing facility in Anderson, South Carolina. This year, each aspect of the facility’s operations has been assessed and reinvented in order to maximize efficiency and ensure continuous high quality output. Among the many innovative changes are:
- Streamlining fabrication by replacing a cell based manufacturing process with a production line.
- Increasing efficiency and engineering capacity by flattening the organizational structure, hiring additional staff, and shifting focus from processes to products.
- Implementing a new in-process inspection protocol to remediate quality issues immediately, including KPI reporting and pre- and post-program management updates.
- Empowering employees by creating an education center to improve skills and implementing employee-led work teams.
- Improving communication and responsiveness with customers, suppliers, and associates by creating a Planning Department and constructing a “Wall of Excellence.”
‘We are excited with the changes being implemented into our operation. Our goal is to be the industry leader as we continue to improve our quality, delivery and product cost. This is a competitive market. Companies have many rack manufacturers to choose from so it is imperative that we always strive to be the best we can be.’, said Mark Beck, CEO and Founder of packIQ.
In addition to these strategy enhancements, operations management changes have been made:
- Bill Dough – Director of Operations
Bill’s track record of success in globally managing an automotive Tier 1 operation and also consulting with both Tier 1 and Tier 2 operations and supply chains makes him a natural fit for this leadership role at packIQ.
- Mike Schmidt – Manufacturing Superintendent
As a former Tier 1 automotive supplier, Mike brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise in metal fabrication and machining.
- Corey Hayward – Materials and Industrial Engineering Manager
Corey rounds out the operations team adding his experience in metal fabrication and process improvement.
Due to this restructuring packIQ’s clients have already begun realizing improved service including increased communication and transparency through direct access to operations management and project build schedules.